Pages

HOME Φ WEBSITE ę

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Writing Insanity!

The top three things that  drive me insane about writing. I shy away from saying hate because I had to work hard at coming up with the 3 things I disliked. Tomorrow I'll bring you the top 3 things I love about writing, but without further chatter, here are the things that drive me InSaNe!

3. Synopsis – I stink at writing synopsis. Figuring out what are the most important aspects of the story that I need to focus on, is really difficult for me. Probably because I think everything is important. I mean, let’s face it, if it wasn’t important, I’d have cut it from the storyline right? LOL But, yeah, I get why I need to compress the story. There are some details that can be left out of a synopsis that do not affect the storyline at all. UGH! :-/ 





2. Blurbs – Did I say I “stink” at synopsis?  Well, I suck at blurbs because condensing my book down to the important parts is just damn difficult. Even worse than a synopsis because I’m trying to condense it down into about two short paragraphs. Gah!

1. Temperamental muses – It’s frustrating when my muse decides to take a leave of absence without any notice whatsoever. *throws a temper tantrum that’d make a two-year-old proud* There should be a freaking rule in place that says under penalty of severe lashings by the writer (that’s me), the muse must, abso-freaking-lutely must, schedule leave of absences to work with MY timeframe. It would make life so much easier, right? :D