Pages

HOME Φ WEBSITE ę

Monday, May 20, 2013

Dark World Books Tour with Author Lindsey R. Loucks


Click banner to be taken to contest!

Please welcome Author Lindsey R. Loucks  onto the Road to Hell. Lindsey is the author of The Grave Winner. Other books written by Lindsey are Salt in the Cupboard, coming August 12th from Entangled Publishing.

Now, it’s time to create a little hell and get to the good stuff by revealing all of Lindsey’s wicked secrets while on the Road to Hell. LOL  Yeah, you wish! ;-D 

Grab your favorite drink, sink your teeth into something decadent, sit back, relax and enjoy getting to know Lindsey…

~~~

GRACEN: If you could pick one thing about our world to change, what would it be and why?

LINDSEY: I would change the fact that so many of our world’s problems are fueled by hate. Hate is so exhausting and it doesn’t solve anything. We should all be fueled by chocolate, laughter,  and puppy licks.


GRACEN: Kind of morbid, but if you knew the exact moment of your death, down to the last second, what changes would you make in your life?

LINDSEY: I would learn to write faster!


GRACEN: If I picked a television show or sitcom that fit my family, it would be the Addams Family because we’re all a bit odd and zany. What one television show/sitcom would best describe your family? Or if none apply, pick a song or album.

LINDSEY: I know not everyone is related on Firefly, but that show fits my family. We’re all completely different from one another and yet we’re pretty close most of the time.


GRACEN: Pretend you’re writing a book about your life. What would the title be and why?

LINDSEY: The book would be called Living Inside My Head because that’s pretty much all I do.


GRACEN: What song title best describes your style of writing? (Use any song in existence or create your own).

LINDSEY: Probably “Walk” by the Foo Fighters. I love that song, and I’m totally in love with the Foos. The song fits my style because my writing pace is slow and steady like a walk, though the song is anything but!


GRACEN: If you had superpowers would you be the superhero or the villain? Why? What would your name be?

LINDSEY: I would probably fall into that gray area between superhero and villain like Catwoman does. She’s a jewel thief but she also helps out Batman sometimes. Being all good or all bad is just boring! My name would be The Daydreamer, and I would cause all kinds of chaos by making people’s daydreams come true.


GRACEN: Do you have a guilty pleasure? If so, will you share it with us?

LINDSEY: Well, the first thing I do when I get home from work is fling off my clothes and slip into my pajamas. My daily stresses just melt away when I do that. I love that feeling. In fact, I’m wearing my pajamas right now!


GRACEN: You’re stranded on an island, who would you want to be stranded with and why?

LINDSEY: Katniss Everdeen because she’s such a badass survivalist.


GRACEN: Now, let’s get to know you as an author. When did you become aware that you wanted to be a published author?

LINDSEY: I think I’ve always wanted to be a writer, but the dream didn’t cement until after I wrote my first book. It was a young adult science fiction story that I thought was brilliant. Looking back on it, it really isn’t.


GRACEN: Are there any particular authors that made an impact on you growing up or as an adult? Did any particular teacher or someone else in your life make an impact on your writing?

LINDSEY: Stephen King and Shirley Jackson. I inhaled everything I could get my hands on by them. My fifth grade teacher read aloud a spooky story I wrote in front of the class. That was pretty much the coolest thing ever. My gruff writing professor in college who chewed on nails for fun (just kidding) didn’t tell me I sucked, so that helped.


GRACEN: Do you have any “must haves” while you’re writing—besides your computer, of course?

LINDSEY: Diet Coke or water and silence. I envy those who can write to music because I love it, but I just can’t.


GRACEN: Do you write in a particular genre? If so, what’s the appeal of that genre for you?

LINDSEY: I write paranormal and horror with a good dose of romance mixed in. My brain has some dark corners, and I love to explore those. Plus, I’m a sucker for a good romance. I plan to dabble in paranormal science fiction twisted through with a hot love story sometime soon.


GRACEN: Any love/hates as it relates to the writing industry?

LINDSEY: I love the thrill ride so far! It’s definitely a dream come true having a book available with my name on it.

My biggest dislike is waiting. I never used to consider myself an impatient person. But waiting and patience is part of the publishing business, so I better get used to it!


GRACEN: Do you have a Muse? If yes, what’s his/her name(s). Why do you think some authors have a muse and other authors don’t?

LINDSEY: I’m not sure I have a muse. Maybe I do? My ideas seem to come from everywhere, including a spin on real life. Perhaps the authors who do have muses are able to pinpoint exactly where their ideas come from.


GRACEN: If you could live the life of any one of your characters, who would it be and why? Would you do things differently in real life than he/she did in the book?

LINDSEY: I don’t have nearly enough guts to be my main character, Leigh, so I would be her best friend. Her name is Jo, and she has such a unique perspective on life and love. She’s also a tad “out there”, so I’m pretty much already like her.


GRACEN: What are you working on now?

LINDSEY: I’m working on the sequel to The Grave Winner. It’s slow going because Leigh has stopped talking to me after what I put her through in the first book. I can’t say I blame her. *shudders* I’m also thinking about the third book in the trilogy as well as planning a ghost story in space.


GRACEN: What makes your books stand out from other books in your genre?

LINDSEY: It’s a genuinely creepy and at times terrifying book. You couldn’t pay me enough money to go through what Leigh goes through! But in between those pulse-pounding moments, there are some sweet, romantic scenes and funny, quirky characters.


GRACEN:  Thanks so much for joining us, Lindsey!  It’s been a treat getting to know you better! 

It’s been my pleasure! Thank you for having me! Here are links to all my websites in case you’d like to learn more about me:

Please provide all your links where you would like readers to follow you (websites, facebook, fan pages, twitter, blogs, etc.) Also, please provide all buy links!!


BLURB:
Leigh Baxton is terrified her mom will come back from the dead -- just like the prom queen did.

While the town goes beehive over the news, Leigh bikes to the local cemetery and buries some of her mom’s things in her grave to keep her there. When the hot and mysterious caretaker warns her not to give gifts to the dead, Leigh cranks up her punk music and keeps digging.

She should have listened.

Two dead sorceresses evicted the prom queen from her grave to bury someone who offered certain gifts. Bury them alive, that is, then resurrect them to create a trio of undead powerful enough to free the darkest sorceress ever from her prison inside the earth.

With help from the caretaker and the dead prom queen, Leigh must find out what’s so special about the gifts she gave, and why the sorceresses are stalking her and her little sister. If she doesn’t, she’ll either lose another loved one or have to give the ultimate gift to the dead – herself.

EXCERPT:

My gaze flicked to the dead tree. Shivers pebbled my skin.
            As I turned to run back to the car, something flickered in the window. I didn’t want to look, but my head turned anyway.
            Sarah. Her thin face was bone white. Her hairline had receded to the top of her skull from which a few stringy chunks of white hair hung to her shoulders. The ocean blue of her eyes was the same as it’d always been, but they were the worst feature of all. They were filled with such fear that I knew they would haunt me forever.
            Her black lips opened as if she wanted to speak. Inside her mouth was the same horrible darkness that took over her lawn. It grew in intensity as her mouth opened wider. She might’ve been screaming, but I couldn’t hear a thing.
            I stepped on the back of my boot in my hurry to get away from her, but caught myself before I fell on the dead grass.
            She raised her hand, and I thought for a moment she was going to wave at me. Her forearm pushed against the glass. The deep cut along her wrist blazed red against the paleness of her skin. She brought her thumb and pinky together, leaving three fingertips pressed against the window.
            I didn’t want to know what Sarah was trying to tell me. I choked back a scream and ran to Jo.
            “Drive!” I shouted before my feet were in the car.
            Jo took off.
            I didn’t look back to see if Sarah was still in the window.

CONTEST
The prizes for this are two printed copies of The Grave Winner + Swag, and it's US Only. Visit Dark World Book tours to enter.

Lindsey R. Loucks
Lindsey R. Loucks works as a school librarian in rural Kansas. When she’s not discussing books with anyone who will listen, she’s dreaming up her own stories. Eventually her brain gives out, and she’ll play hide and seek with her cat, put herself in a chocolate induced coma, or watch scary movies alone in the dark to reenergize. She’s been with her significant other for almost two decades.

CONTEST
The prizes for this are two printed copies of The Grave Winner + Swag, and it's US Only. Visit Dark World Book tours to enter.


3 comments:

Lindsey R. Loucks said...

Thank you so much for hosting me! :)

Constance said...

Fascinating interview. Can't wait to read the book.
uch

Gracen Miller said...

It's a pleasure to have you join me, Lindsey. Glad I could help. And your cover rocks!!

Huggles,
Gracen