Pages

HOME Φ WEBSITE ę

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Banana Skins on the Table by Jason Ellis



BOOKS FOR THE ADULTS.


Banana skins on the table is a look at the world through the diary entries of Nathan, a man who's not happy with life. He decides to take action, change his attitude towards life and work harder for complete contentment.
Nathan begins by adjusting basic elements in his daily routine, upsetting people at work as much as possible and asking himself important life questions. It doesn't all run smoothly though and soon, Nathan's behaviour has become more erratic. What had at first seemed like a good idea, changes his life for the worse. Nathan continues his search for contentment and just as his luck seems to be changing, he is involved in a terrible accident, leading to one final twist in his life that even he couldn't have imagined.


Author bio: (Matches with Goodreads bio)

I started writing in approximately 1997(ish) with an idea that was in my head ... it's still there, maybe one day I'll finish it.
Anyway, true story, I started off with a trilogy(sci-fi) after I drew an illustration on my PC. You see, there had to be a reason for the picture - what was happening? What had made this scene happen?
Like I say, a trilogy followed, from one picture ... it'll be re-published one day after I've laughed at my early writing. Others followed, some I've taken out of print to edit and republish(like the sci-fi trilogy mentioned above), others may never see print again(or Kindle), but I doubt I'll ever let that happen :)
            At present, I'm working on many new books. We have the Amelia Maylock series(Kids/ teen fantasy), the brand new Holly Silverstone books(Kids/ teen gothic fantasy), The Danny Monroe books(illustrated teen horror), some supernatural/ horror as well(Breed of Love to name one title), and dystopian YA with 'The Long Journey to Sincerity'; Elana Mayne #1 ... wow, I am busy!!

            I live in the UK - this means I drink tea and enjoy one day in every year where the weather is great.
I'm engaged, have 3 amazing kids, and spend practically my entire time writing, thinking about writing, networking on the internet with other authors/ readers ... but I'm a sucka for Lego games on the Wii; Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones etc ... they are too much fun!!
I do play the family games but the kids are getting better so once they start beating me at bowling or golf, I'll need an excuse not to play ;)

I try to make all my swag because I like the 'personal' touch. I make bookmarks, keyrings, put my covers on tote bags etc … it's fun :)

**

Social Links:


Twitter: @jayellisuk

Google+: plus.google.com/101179019665595654511



No comments: